INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION ENGINEER
The Mechatronics and Industrial Automation team at Circu Li-ion is looking for a highly motivated automation engineer to work with cobots, sensors, PLC and actuators for our cutting-edge battery disassembly line. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of a groundup disassembly plant. Circu Li-ion is a fast-paced environment where you will work with a cross-functional team on an incredibly exciting product.
● Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
● Lay out new industrial electrical control panels, electro-mechanical sensors, conveyor and safety handling automation compliant, and create electrical, pneumatic and sensor data information flow schematics.
● Architect, develop and debug PLC code with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable. PLC code will interact with subsystems such as conveyors, robots, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), LabView, machine vision, and 3rd party equipment.
● Implement (ANSI/RIA15.06/OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high-volume manufacturing equipment.
● Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing feedback for troubleshooting.
● Manage electrical cabinet builds, field wiring, pneumatic and support services.
● Introduce automated processes into production, and train and equip sustaining
teams to support automated equipment after deployment into production or client side.
● Install, commission and start-up equipment balancing speed and safety.
● Ensure that all equipment, processes, and methodologies comply with applicable
standards, company policy and all Health and Safety Laws, Acts, Regulations and Codes.
● Some travel is expected - e.g., for vendor visits, equipment installation and commissioning.
WHAT A GREAT FIT COULD LOOK LIKE
● BSc Electrical Engineering (or equivalent – Majors in: Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, Robotics, etc.).
● Demonstrated proficiency in PLC, HMI, and debugging mechatronic systems.
● 3+ years experience in programming microcontrollers, motor controllers & actuators (e.g. Rockwell, Siemens, Festo, SEW are the primary equipment brands used in the factory)
● Good to have: Exposure to programming robots online and offline (e.g. Fanuc, Kuka, Durr, Yuanda are the primary brands used in the factory)
● Good to have: Proficiency with CAD (e.g. AutoCAD, CATIA, SolidWorks, CATIA).
● Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
● Exemplary verbal and written communication skills in English, French and German are a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
● High degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of highly committed and supportive peers.
● Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued.
● Developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities.
● Getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies.
● A guaranteed steep continuous learning curve from day one.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
If we could spark your interest and you want to be part of the green energy revolution, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are looking forward to your application!